Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

WOW Day again

It's Monday again, my life is flashing by before my eyes, and March is more than half over. Summer's heat has gone (thank goodness) and autumn will soon be rolling in. Lovely autumn.

Today's wombat is a little different as it's a stained glass picture. As it looks good with the light shining through I placed it against my sewing room window to take its photo, that's some of our little backyard in the background. I bought this one on one of our trips to northern New South Wales, in a little town called Walcha. Walcha has a great craft shop selling goods made by local people (I seem to remember I also bought some apricot jam, apricots are my very favourite fruit) and this was hanging in the window. It's made by a lady who lives at Ogunbil in the Dungowan Valley....the beautiful place in my blog header. Wouldn't that be a wonderful view to wake up to each morning.

Had an email from my friend Alison the other day; she looks forward to Mondays, as she enjoys seeing which wombat will be having its turn in the spotlight that week! You can see here the bowl that Alison made as a retirement gift.

And today is the first day of Kevin's retirement, you can't count the weekend can you? Today is the first day he hasn't had to go to work, not counting holidays, since he was a young bloke of 17 or so. It's whole new life stretching out in front of us both.

Have a good week.

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!