Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Random thoughts for Friday

Isn't the interwebz an amazing place! Zoe in Germany (who doesn't have a blog) found my Folded Star tutorial and emailed me to say how pleased she was, as she made one of those years ago but had lost the instructions to make another; and Geta in Romania has also found it. Check out Geta's blog, there are several tutorials, her wonderful trapunto and quilting, and she is having a giveaway. She has photos of a beautiful pale green bag she has made, it has an orange flower on the front and orange lining.......just scrumptious.

Thank you to all the lovely folks who commented on Monday's post, about our scary experience with the shopping trolley bloke. We have posted our letter to the shopping centre management so will see if anything is done about it. Hopefully it may also lead them to put up advisory speed signs in the carpark, far too many people (mums with children in the car as well as the young macho blokes) drive too quickly.

So far we are two weeks into Kevin's retirement and murder has not yet been committed, in fact not even an angry word has been spoken. And we have our wedding rings back so we are married again.

Do you like the kitty quilt? I used lots of bright prints with a black border to match the black noses, eyes and whiskers - all stitched with one thread of DMC black stranded cotton in hand buttonhole and stem stitch. The backing is a bright allover cat print and I called it "Psychedelicats". It was even pictured a few years ago in Down Under Quilts magazine, in an article on cat quilts. The fireplace is in our living room, our house is nearly 60 years old, and was built when nearly every Aussie house had a fireplace. It's not the most beautiful feature of the house so I hang a quilt in front of it in summer; we have a gas fire in it for winter warmth.

And tonight is music club night - wonder what cake I shall buy for supper? - our theme tonight is songs or poems on age. Old age, young age, teen age - any age. Should be fun.

Have a lovely weekend!

Jennifer

6 comments:

  1. I love the kitty quilt! its one of those things I'll possibly eventually wind up doing...you know me im a crazy cat lady...dispite how much leeloo likes to take chunks out of my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute kitty quilt. The colors are just perfect...really show off the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your kitty quilt. Thanks for talking about Geta and her blog, looks like a blog I'll want to visit often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have that issue with your Kitty Quilt.
    I used to love that train ride to the Blue Mountains. I must do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the cutiest cat quilt I have seen. Is it possible to get the patteren for it. I have been looking for one and this is the one I would love to do. Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cat quilt is absolutely wonderful. I'd love to make one for my daughter, who is passionate about cats! Where did you get the pattern?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!