No, that's not an error of grammar! I have finished, sewn the binding and hanging sleeve on, and labelled my "Daybreak" hanging. I took a couple of pics today but when I uploaded them on the computer they looked a bit fuzzy, so I will try for sharper ones.
There's a lovely smell wafting through the house as we speak....pecan brownies are cooking in the oven......we are invited to older son's place for dinner tonight so I am making some nice munchies. His girl is a wonderful cook and always makes nice yummies, so it's my turn tonight.
Today I am feeling more cheerful, I have been feeling down for the past week because I am a year older. Every birthday now makes me wonder how much longer I will be alive. I am not being morbid, just curious; my mother died at 75, my father at 70. I am on the shady side of 60 and rapidly stepping further into the shade. However all my grandparents were in their 80s when they passed away, in fact I think my father's mother may have been over 90 when she went. So there is hope for me yet. So much to do, so little time.......I was put on this earth to accomplish a certain amount and right now I am so far behind, I can never die!
And of course if I didn't spend time on the computer I could do wonderful things.
Jennifer
Hi Jennifer, your brownies sound yummy and I can't wait to see your latest creation. As for your age, you stop that, you are very young still and very vital. I think everyone goes through a bit of that when they retire. When you don't get out on the daily grind, you redefine busy, and you don't see or talk to as many people perhaps. Don't get down on yourself, chin up and remember you're only as old as you want to be!!
ReplyDeleteHi Jennifer - good for you to do brownnies! I sew - that is the only traditionally domestic thing that I am any good at and enjoy. I do my baking at Safeway/Costco/other grocery/bakery. As for the b-day - I'm glad you're starting to cheer up and remember - statistics are on your side! And you have all those great kids to keep you young, too! - M.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you could do more, but what fun would it be to stay off the computer?
ReplyDelete