Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Coffee break

Some pretty summer blooms for a grey winter day. These are from the frangipani bush in our back yard, they have the most heavenly smell....needless to say they aren't in flower now! It's a dull gloomy day and every time I look out the window I expect to see rain, but none so far.

I am having a coffee break from quilting. All the quilting on the Maple Leaf runner is done - not perfect, far from it, I am not good at free-motion quilting, but it is done - just need to finish off some thread ends, then bind it. But first..........coffee. And chocolate.

We will sleep well tonight. Last night we were roused from sleep by a strange noise which at first sounded like an alarm, then I realised it was my mobile phone playing its merry tune; when I answered it a bloke's voice muttered something so I asked "who are you" - "I'm Brad" he said" - I do not know anyone called Brad. We established that he had woken me up, he started to apologise profusely, I ended the call and looked at the clock, 2.17am. I don't think anyone I know is even awake at 2.17am, let alone making phone calls........if he had an almighty hangover this morning it serves him right.

While I am having coffee I will check out a few blogs on the Quilting Bloggers site, every time I look there are random bloggers selected. The other day I found Deb's blog this way, she has a beautiful quilt on her header that is being donated to the breast cancer quilt project. It looks like a fun quilt to make.

Enjoy your weekend.

Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. I can almost smell them! We were thinking the same thing today; must be the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful flower. Hope you enjoyed your coffee and chocolate - the two go hand in hand for sure - I call them the super Vitamin C's. Can't wait to see your runner!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!