
This is my very distinctive key ring! The fluffy wombat came Port Macquarie on the NSW north coast, courtesy of our older son when he visited there some years ago; and the green enamel wombat is from Canberra, I bought it few years ago. The choice was blue, green or purple - no wombat-coloured wombats! And a Maple Leaf key fob made specially for me by
Kiera-Oona.

What do you reckon about the Bearly Autumn Bears Paw blocks? I'm quite pleased how they turned out. The start of another quilt....as if I didn't already have enough to do......sigh. Never mind, some of these fabrics have been sitting in my stash for ages so it will be good to see them in the open. This will have its turn in the sun, but not for a wee while yet. Yesterday I cut the pieces for the Maple Leaf runner, today I had intended to make a start on sewing it, but I have come down with The Dreaded Lurgy and feel rather second-hand. Painful experience in the past has taught me not to sew when I am not well, or Dreadful Mistakes can get made. Kevin is enjoying the peace because if I talk I get a tickle in my throat, which makes me cough heavily, which makes my throat sore, which tickles it, which makes me cough......etc. Just as well that, being a public holiday today, there is no choir practice tonight. One of the sopranos croaking the frog chorus in every song is not pretty.
But I will be jumping out of my skin in a few days.
Y'all be good now, ya hear?
Jennifer
I love your fluffy wombat! Do hope you feel better soon (remember Darling Harbour is this week) - and that it's not the beginnings of the dreaded "oink oink" 'flu. Take care.
ReplyDeleteI hear your hubby is very happy for the peace and quiet...lol...
ReplyDeleteYour little wombat is so very cute. I can imagine how tiny he is because of the key ring.
Our granddaughter has qualified for the Canada games in Halifax this summer, so I'm so excited that there is no way I can think of sewing.
PEI is where they will be in August.
What a thrill..
Love the bear paws. Hope you're feeling better soon.
ReplyDelete