Many thanks for the concern after my mammogram test last week, the bewbies have recovered from their pummeling. When the next test is due I shall practice first by slamming them in the fridge door a few times, then getting Kevin to drive over them on the cold hard garage floor.
On Friday night our folk club theme is Woodstock.....songs sung there, or other songs sung by the performers. Appropriate clothing is optional. Now I didn't get to Woodstock as I was on the other side of the world but I have seen pics, and it seems to me that a lot of long-haired young hippy folk were prancing round nekkid. Somehow I can't see myself doing that, the world isn't ready. But I have long hair, do you reckon that will do?
Today it's raining lightly, it is very welcome, gardens are looking a bit dry and would welcome a drink. Sydney had water restrictions for several years until recently, so hosing gardens was pretty much a no-no except for a few hours a week. We never water our garden (only plants in pots get watered here) but despite that it seems to thrive, probably because most of our plants are Aussie natives which can cope with dry conditions.
Today's etiquette quote:
"Jewellery for Gentlemen.
It is not considered in good taste for men to wear much jewellery. They may with propriety wear one gold ring, studs and cuff-buttons, and a watch-chain, not too massive, with a modest pendant, or none at all. Anything more looks like a superabundance of ornament."
Have a lovely week.
Jennifer
I was having babies (almost a baby myself by today's standards) so was up to my neck in diapers!
ReplyDeleteBut watched the movie! Does that count? I never went for that sloppy look, I always thought that the hippies needed a bath!
Just me I guess. Heh Jennifer, the tea towel is very cute, but I imagine being the housekeeper you are that the oven mitt was in the laundry!
Mum used to get two pieces of flat dowing and sort of frame those type of tea towels......sometimes I cringed but that is what daughters do.
ReplyDeleteI had the ouchie-gram about a month ago. Then I never got the letter saying all is well! I phoned to be told it was ok, but they had sick staff, so the letters were delayed.
ReplyDeleteWe got about 6 spots of rain here last evening-& our restrictions are still on!
I think long hair will definately do for a woodstock theme....but you need a braided headwrap somehow.
ReplyDeleteIn regards to weather...its been so wet here my catnip has mildew. Any thoughts on how to get rid of the fuzz?