Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Long sigh.........

Last night I finished knitting my blue cardigan which has been on the needles for quite a long time......had a few health issues last year, and a sprained wrist which kept me from knitting for quite a while. But last night I finally cast off the last piece. One back, two fronts, two sleeves, and a deep sailor-style collar.

It's not going to be big enough. Bugger. Double bugger and triple bugger.

So this morning I heaved a big sigh, picked up a needle in the next size, and cast on for a new left front. I will knit that and see how much difference in size it makes. The pattern is from England for English yarn, and I am knitting it in Aussie yarn. When I measured a 10cm square and counted the stitches there was a slight difference, I didn't think it would be enough to matter......but it does. I will hold off un-knitting the whole thing again until I see how much size difference there is between a left front knitted on 4mm needles and one knitted on 4.5mm. But somehow I suspect the whole thing will have to be un-knitted and re-knitted.

Oh well, it keeps me off the streets I suppose.

"Display of Emotions.
Avoid all exhibitions of temper before others, if you find it impossible to suppress them entirely. All emotions, whether of grief or joy, should be subdued in public, and only allow full play in the privacy of your own apartments."

So I shall go now, and say naughty words and throw pillows in private.

Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. I so hate that Jennifer, it is indeed very depressing and ensures many long sighs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. an empathic sigh ... and double sigh ... that is why i gave up on knitting/crocheting clothes for humans - nothing i make ever fits ... i crocheted a hat for Michael Myson, using the measurements he assured me were correct for his head ... even if he had dreadlocks down to his waist, it would still be too big ... i think i will stick with afghans and doilies

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks big time...this is why ive been experimenting with small projects first, rather than trying to fiddle with a sweater yet. (that and trying to do a sweater on the subway might get a bit trying after a while...or at least trying to remember which row i was on with the sweater I was going to make)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!