Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ouch ouch ouch..........

The three quilt tops I have been working on for the bushfire victims are being handed over tomorrow to be quilted and distributed, so here are a few pics. These star blocks were made by Sherry, who did a terrific job with them! I used a Robyn Pandolph blue fabric (it's more smokey turquoise if we are to be precise) with an inner border of deep burnt orange to pick up the colours in Sherry's blocks.
Eight of these blocks were made by Ariane and were set with blue sashing strips and border. The blue sashing fabric shades from a deep cobalt to a paler sky blue and the border fabric has dragonflies with gold highlights on a blue background. The centre block was made by Kiera Oona.
Kiera also made these blocks - as you can see she used lovely vibrant greens in some of her stars (I just lurve green!) so this one has green sashing with a slightly funky print for the border.

The ouch in the title of this post is because today was mammogram day, I know it's a necessary procedure but it is ever so slightly undignified, isn't it? Having one's girl bits laid one at a time (by a complete stranger) on a cold slab with a heavy weight pressing down on them is not my idea of fun. The machine was probably invented by someone with a deep-seated hatred of women. At least that's over for another two years.

Here's another quote from my etiquette book of 1885 -

"Vulgar Exclamations: No lady should make use of any feminine substitute for profanity. The woman who exclaims "The Dickens!" or "Mercy!" or "Goodness!" when she is annoyed or astonished, is as vulgar in spirit, though perhaps not quite so regarded by society, as though she had used expressions which it would require but little stretch of the imagination to be regarded as profane."

Jennifer


6 comments:

  1. I love the top you made with my blocks. They look amazing. The sashing and border material is beautiful. Thanks for sharing some pics of my blocks put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you did a wonderful job with my blocks love when you did. I have to say I feel for you ouch ouch ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah Jennifer! I'll bet that we would all say just simple little words when being pushed forward, almost naked to a cold steel slab....It's not that bad! Right!
    The quilts by the way are super and I must look at greens more often because when I see them they always look so crisp(y)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the quilt tops are beautiful!!!

    The Dickens! Mercy! Goodness! your poor, poor boobies! i think that there should be an equivalent way to check for testicular abnormalities - i'll bet that it would take no time at all for the R&D people to come up with a warmer, fuzzier alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the quilts look great! Im sure whomever recieves them is going to love them

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy and those tops will be loved by someone once they are quilted up!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!