Aren't you pleased with me, only a few more rows and I can cast off for the shoulders on the back of the re-knitted cardy; that means both fronts and back will be done. Only the sleeves and collar to go. I am surprising myself by the speed of this but somehow I don't think it will all be done before we jet off. That's okay, it will get finished when we come home.
Yesterday I managed to unpick the neck of the top I am sewing and steam press it back to shape, then pin and sew it again; thank goodness it sat properly that time. I don't know the composition of this fabric (a drawback when purchasing at op shops rather than off the bolt at fabric shops) but it is quite stretchy and slightly heavy so I wouldn't be surprised if it's something like a polyester/viscose/lycra blend. Colour is a soft lime green with a dull brown/olive floral design - when I cut it out I tried to carefully pin the front piece so I wouldn't have a daisy centered on my bazoom, let's hope I placed it right. The pattern is Jalie 2005, it's my first time sewing a Jalie pattern but so far so good.
Only 15 more days to fly day. Are you ready, Canada?
"The Street Manners of a Lady (contd)
A lady walks quietly through the streets, seeing and hearing nothing that she ought not to see and hear, recognizing acquaintances with a courteous bow, and friends with words of greeting. She is always unobtrusive, never talks loudly, or laughs boisterously, or does anything to attract the attention of the passers-by. She walks along in her own quiet, lady-like way, and by her pre-occupation is secure from any annoyance to which a person of less perfect breeding might be subjected."
It's not quite like that now, is it?
Have a wonderful week.
Jennifer
You made me laugh this time, with the gentle words of ettiquette!!
ReplyDeleteI remember the thrill of knitting myself a cardigan. I seem to have very few photos of all the garments I knitted, over the years.
Can't wait to see the knitting when done and the top as well. Is Jalie an Aussie pattern company - I've never heard of them to be honest. Loved the ettiquette lesson, could we take that to the high schools and put it into practice, seems like kids today will do anything for attention not realizing that negative attention isn't what you want. I love those ettiquette quotes, keep them coming. 15 days till you leave, have you started packing yet?? Okay a bit to soon, but how exciting.
ReplyDeletea loud, boisterous ha ha ha! i am preoccupied ... but i dunno about being a quiet lady
ReplyDeletesmart move - fussy-cutting around the daisy - you wouldn't want to seem obtrusive
I must have this printed for some teenage girls I see in malls! Could become a trend!
ReplyDeleteBring that sweater dear girl, then mornings are quite cool and the days are shorter as the sun set at 7:15 here at the cottage which isn't that far from TO.
I think I might buy some wool and knit once again. I have a great cardigan (I almost wrote recipe) pattern. Do show the sweater soon!