Pages

Monday, September 7, 2009

Kitchen helper WOW

A matching apron and tea towel that obviously haven't been near the ironing board....never mind, they're clean. I think the apron is made from a tea towel with shapes cut out at the top for armholes, but it works.

The sweet beef curry on Saturday was indeed sweet and not very curried, but perhaps the flavour will improve after it has matured in the fridge for a few days. It was nice, just not very spicy. I don't like hot hot hot curries but I do like a bit of flavour.

Both fronts are now finished on the re-knitted cardy and I need to pull the rest of the original undone so I can continue. I had no idea I could knit so quickly. Re the $7 button that folks have commented on....it is truly gorgeous, vintage 60s or 70s, silver metal in a woven design. The cardy is knitted in basketweave stitch so I am hoping it will be complimented by the button. Have you noticed how difficult it can be to find buttons that match knits? That's why I went for a metal button......doesn't match, doesn't matter.

The other day I went into the city to the Quilter's Guild and also to check out the annual spring flower display at a large city retail store (which I won't name, because they aren't paying me to advertise them). The flower display had an Australian theme and was truly amazing; huge massed groupings, large vases full of just one variety - kangaroo paws in some, banksias in a few, a vase of flannel flowers on the concierge's desk. The grand piano player was tinkling out Aussie tunes and asking for requests, but didn't know any of the songs I mentioned. I took several pics, so the occasional one may pop up on the blog from time to time. Many people were wandering around taking photos of themselves and each other with a floral background. It all must have cost a squillion dollars but was really beautiful.

Father's Day yesterday was nice, lunch was late and became afternoon tea instead. But we all enjoyed the time spent together.

Now I am off to unravel more of the knitting so it can be re-knitted.

"Kissing in public:
The custom which has become quite prevalent of women kissing each other whenever they meet in public is regarded as vulgar, and by ladies of delicacy and refinement is entirely avoided."

Four weeks tomorrow until we flap our arms and head for Canada.

Have a fantastic week.

Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. that is the cutest wombat design, just love it. I don't blame you buying that button, when you find something you really like then sometimes you just need to go for it. Can't wait to see it all done and a picture of it. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little wombat should be made into a block for a pillow. Boy, I sure am addicted to those little guys! You make me come here and salivate each time I see one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Wombat collection is growing apace!
    I soo wish it was me who was winging her way to Canada! I love flying.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!