Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Spring is well and truly sprung.........

........and the rainbow lorikeets have arrived. Although this picture wasn't taken in our garden this is what we are seeing now - rainbow parrots visiting our Aussie native flowers. We have Grevilleas but not this one - ours are red, and pale creamy gold rather than this lovely bright yellow. (have I mentioned that I really like yellow.......) The lorikeets have been visiting our bright pink Callistemon flowers, chirping away while they extract the nectar. These birds can be untidy little buggers, they chew off the flower heads and leave them strewn on the ground but so far the pink flowers are intact. Di's blog has some wonderful pics of the flower display that I saw last week. I really love our native flowers, they are part of what makes Australia unique. That, and wombats. Tomorrow we are having lunch with friends at a restaurant in Mount Annan Botanic Gardens.

I had planned to head out for a walk later this afternoon but I don't think I will....it's quite warm and still, but somewhere there are bushfire hazard reduction burnings taking place and the air is quite smokey. It's starting to affect my sinuses and developing into a headache. I think I shall stay inside for the rest of the afternoon.

The Secret Project mentioned once or twice is proceeding well, I have stopped for a coffee break. The re-knitted cardy is also coming along nicely. And I am starting to get really excited about our trip next month.

Folk club last night went off well I think, but a bloke who thinks it is hilarious to interject when I am singing did it once too often. I told him later that I wasn't amused and had never tried to sabotage his performance. Will it make any difference? We'll see. Being interrupted just because someone else thinks it funny is cruel and unnecessary. Even though I have been singing in a small way in public for years I still have to pluck up my courage every time, it can be quite nervewracking.

"Gentleman passing before ladies:
Gentlemen having occasion to pass before ladies who are already seated in lecture and concert rooms, theatres and other public places, should beg pardon for disturbing them; passing with their faces and never with their backs toward them."

Enjoy your weekend.

Jennifer


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous birdy....how lucky to have such color in your birds...

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me at the swine - i'll give him what for! and then i'll knock him down for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!