Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Back in a couple of weeks......

We're off tomorrow for ten days, normal posting will resume then. While we are away this Tibouchina (one of the survivors of The Great Hailstorm of 1990) will be in full glorious flower, it will be the last time we will be here to see this gorgeous sight. Next time it flowers we will be living a long long way away.

The bag for my friend is finished, but no pics until I have given it to her.....don't want to spoil the surprise.

Goodness, it has turned summer again....will be glad when it goes away....it's too hot and sticky for me. Come on autumn, where are you? I'm waiting! Although I have noticed the leaves on some trees are starting to turn, so perhaps it's not far away. Hopefully it will be somewhat cooler in Canberra, at least it won't be humid.

At Easter we will be enjoying ourselves at the National Folk Festival, going to concerts and workshops, catching up with friends, trying interesting food....pretty much what we did last year....and the year before that.....and so on, back for many years. A great way to spend four days. It's folk club tonight too, so somewhere in the next little while I need to find time to pack clothes and food to take away with us. I'm a volunteer in the office before the festival gets underway - I am working all day Sunday, which is why we go to Canberra several days before the festival starts. Don't worry, I will be extra careful of my shoulder, which is feeling better than before I had the injection - but it's not quite pain-free yet.

"During the performance complete quiet should be preserved, that the audience may not be prevented from seeing or hearing. Between the acts it is perfectly proper to converse, but it should be done in a low tone, so as not to attract attention. Neither should one whisper. There should be no loud talking, boisterous laughter, violent gestures, lover-like demonstrations or anything in manners or speech to attract the attention of others."

So, y'all have a nice time while I'm gone, and don't do anything I wouldn't do.

Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time! Send all your warm air over here. We're back to temperatures in the minus range!
    Those are gorgeous flowers. Can you take a cutting of it and start it up again at your new home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you happy days for your trip away. I do love Canberra. I have only ever been there in March, & found it incredibly lovely each time.
    Our Tibouchina are flowering too. Gom promising to hack one to the ground. I am sure it will survive!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!