Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Climbing wombat

This is a little wombat pencil topper - the pencil will give you an idea of the size. The only way I could take its photo was to prop it up in a little vase, as the pencil kept swinging around.

The contract to sell our house was signed on Friday, and as we have a ten week settlement that means we move out on Friday 7th May. Day after tomorrow we are flying to Tamworth to look at houses, we have made appointments with agents. Our first choice house was sold - the contract for it was also signed on Friday! - so obviously we weren't meant to have it. But second choice is still available, and third and fourth, and a few others. It will be a busy couple of days but could be very interesting.

The sewing room has been a hive of cutting recently. I have cut pieces to make two table runners, and one bag, and a couple more Bears Paw blocks, because even in the middle of frenetic moving I may be inspired to sit at the machine and mindlessly sew pieces of fabric together. And I am making a bag for my musical friend Liz, who doesn't have a blog but reads mine, because she admired the flower bag I recently made........but this one will be a little different. (insert diabolical laughter here) Could be a clue in the wombat picture, Liz.........

The Olympic Games are over, and we enjoyed the bits we saw. Because of the time difference we didn't get as good coverage as some countries, but it wasn't too bad I suppose. We saw Canada's win in both men's and women's hockey and just loved the crowd reaction. And following my last post, another thought on the costumes: who in their right mind decided to put male athletes in skin tight white stretch pants, for goodness' sake? Every little bulge is outlined.....every little nook and cranny......brighter colours are bad enough, but white should be completely banned. Taken off the list of permitted colours. Verboten.

Same goes for cyclists.

Continuing on from the etiquette quote in the previous blog post:

"A person who pays a visit upon a general invitation need not be surprised if he finds himself as unwelcome as he is unexpected. His friends may be absent from home, or their house may be already full, or they may not have made arrangements for visitors. From these and other causes they may be greatly inconvenienced by an expected arrival."

Enjoy your week.....we certainly shall!

Jennifer

5 comments:

  1. Little pencil topper wombat! Oh my gosh he's so cute. How fun.

    1. Congratulations the contract is signed. 2. I think more goodness comes your way for house hunting. I can feel your good vibe, good energy so I do believe strongly this interesting jaunt will go well. 3. I like reading how inspired you are right now. Lots to say about that but the obvious one is thank god the body is healing. 4. Liz is a blessed person to have you working to create for her. Cosmically Jennifer, I have a friend named Liz that made a great bag for me that I treasure, use and love. Neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting times for you! Your house sold really quickly, so it must be nice. Good luck with your search for a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling little wombat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for mentioning the Canadian spirit. We do love our hockey in this part of world. We cheered your athletes on as they were so far from home. It was a great Olympics........but I may be prejudiced as I live in the great "white" north. Not this year unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little wombat is adorable!! Good luck on your house-hunting!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!