Today a wallaby visited the reserve in the middle of the day - just one on its own. I didn't take a picture because it was a bit far away for a clear photo, it would have looked like a rock in the grass.
The unpacking is continuing. All the furniture is in place in all the rooms, even the cupboards have been moved into my sewing room. Kevin found that, if he took off the doors and removed the shelves, that the outer shell wasn't very difficult to move, so he did. Then he reassembled the cupboards and I am slowly filling them. Eventually the wombats will be unpacked too, so we will be able to go back to having a wombat each week until all have had their turn on the blog. Unpacking is made more interesting by the fact that the written label on a box doesn't always bear any resemblance to what is actually in the box.
The table runner that I am making is also proceeding, all the blocks have been made and pinned into rows. It is looking very pretty! Hopefully tomorrow the rows may be constructed, in between going to the library and unpacking a little more. Perhaps I will find the little tin box of sewing machine feet........and my etiquette book........
Have a lovely week!
Jennifer
Wow, the view out the back of your house is amazing Jennifer. You must really enjoy seeing who will visit you next. That bird is beautiful. Can't wait to see your sewing efforts and I sure hope you find the feet and book soon, I miss not knowing how to be proper, haha. Hugs to you!!
ReplyDeleteno, those eyelashes are NOT fair ...... Michael Myson has the audacity to complain about his thick, long lashes getting in his way ... it makes me want to smack him (dunno how he ended up with them - his father's and my own are skimpy)
ReplyDeleteEach day seems to bring wonders to your new home, outside and in!
ReplyDeleteI have photos of my son's bird photos when he lived in Australia and the birds were so colourful.
Enjoy the sorting of fabric in the new cupboard. Can't wait for photos of the room.
I love to see the Rosellas. We used to have some visit, but lately they are staying away.
ReplyDeleteGood luck for the little tin.
Well, I love the view from the back of your house. That little bird is really beautiful. Are they just wild? They can't be pets, right?
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see what you have been working on...me - nothing lately.
Glad things are mostly moving smoothly for you. Im looking forward to seeing some pics of walabies when you get around to taking one. We took more pics of our local hoovers...er...i mean squirrells, so I will offload some pics tomorrow
ReplyDelete