The centre of the challenge quilt is all quilted and it's not too bad, it passes the ten foot rule......if you can stand ten feet away and the mistakes don't jump out at you, then it's not too bad......the jigsaw stippling went OK although some of the loops have points instead of curves, and lines occasionally cross each other which I believe is not allowed, but considering it was my first attempt it passes inspection. At present I am tracing the last of the border design onto lunch wrap to quilt through, both short ends are traced and pinned on ready for quilting, just need to fill in the last of the design along both sides and I can quilt it. The quilting design is whales and rolling surf, and it's meant for a four inch border while mine is six inches, if I had been organised I could have enlarged it on a copier somewhere, but I wasn't, so I didn't. Never mind, I reckon if I quilt a wavy line under the aforementioned whales and rolling surf it will fill out the design and hopefully won't look too bad. That, anyway, is my cunning plan. Less than a week to go to get it finished, the Big Reveal is next Saturday. At this rate it's not looking good.
The beautiful vase full of red roses is now finished, what a shame.....they were so beautiful. We have a few pink ones in a smaller vase instead.
No news on the unwell computer yet. I promise not to crack any jokes about its health problem being terminal because they are very corny.
Diane reminded me that it was The Carpenters who sang "Rainy Days and Mondays", The Mamas and The Papas sang "Monday Monday"......in my mind I could hear Mama Cass singing about Mondays, hence the confusion. Mama Cass was great. "Stars shining bright above you, night breezes seem to whisper I love you"........etc.......talk about reliving one's youth, when one was young and slender........
"If a lady asks any favor of a gentleman, such as to send a servant to her with a glass of water, to take her into the ball-room when she is without an escort, to inquire whether her carriage is in waiting, or any of the numerous services which ladies often require, no gentleman will, under any circumstances, refuse her request."
Of course he would not. He would not be a true gentleman if he did so. And we like our gentlemen to be true.
Now my coffee is all drunk, so it's back to tracing whales and rolling surf. Enjoy your days!

Looking forward to the final reveal! I'm sure it is fine - we are always far too critical of our own work - because we know the mistakes but others never see them!!
ReplyDeleteHugz
I'm looking forward to seeing the Challenge Quilt Jennifer. The quilting sounds lovely. The quilt police are only in our minds (and at quilt shows)
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely week.
I have never been to Bluffer's Park. Its not that its far away, and perhaps that is why.
ReplyDeleteJennifer I was told at my first quilt class that we are our own worst critic. I remind myself of that every day. Loved Mama Cass too.
The photo you posted looks exactly like my yard right now...after I had raked up the fallen leaves the first time! A storm blew through with a wind unlike anything I had heard in quite some time. Rather than complain, I'll see it as a chance for fresh air and much needed exercise.
ReplyDeleteI, too, look forward to seeing your quilt. I've no doubt it will be beautiful.
Mama Cass was a favorite in my house as a girl growing up. I still listen to the Mamas and the Papas on occasion. There's something beautiful and still about the memories provoked.
I am finding it hard to wait for the big Reveal....I'm getting so excited for you, Jennifer!
ReplyDeleteIt's getting quite chilly here...I'm always bewildered by the differnece in seasons from one hemisphere to another.
According to Doug, it was snowing before I got up this morning. We're also supposed to start getting snow later this week.
ReplyDeleteWe're having a few days respite from acknowledging winter is coming -- today and tomorrow are supposed to be quite mild for here in November.
ReplyDeleteYour quilting sounds intriguing -- can't wait to see it!
Jennifer being Canadian I so enjoy your Australian scenery so much better LOL. We are just finishing with the leaves gone and the temps changing slightly, today it is to rain. It will be like the day we went to the quilt show!!
ReplyDeleteI can`t wait to see what your challenge quilt will look like, I am sure it is much better then you state quilters are so self critical.
whales and waves - what could be better on a sea quilt?!?
ReplyDeletei used to know ALL of the Mamas and the Papas songs - must have driven my mother crazy listening to them over and over (and over and over) - but my personal favorite is the Dancing Bear ... or maybe No Salt on Her Tail ... or Safe in My Garden