Those of you out there in blogland who can quilt a king-sized quilt on their DSM in an afternoon and still whip up a dinner party for 20 people that evening wouldn't understand why I am so excited, but for me it's an amazing achievement. Might even spur me into trying again. Table runners are a good size to try a new technique, aren't they?
Last weekend the rivers and creeks rose again, we had a flood which was deeper than the one in late July. According to the long-range forecast we are in for a wet summer so we may yet have more floods. My Canadian and American friends and family are freezing in their winter, while we are having a soggy summer.
This morning the new reading glasses were ready and I am wearing them as we speak.......OK, type.........while not yet quite as comfy as the last pair, I'm sure they won't take long to get used to. They do not have skinny rectangular lenses. I am not that trendy.
And the computer seems to be working, the problem of the missing doo-dad was solved by plugging things into different holes. And other technical stuff like that. So I have my EQ7 back again, woo hoo! And the wombats can come back, yay!

We are being entertained or assailed, depending on one's point of view, by Christmas music in shops now, have you noticed? Aren't some of the versions dreadful? I do wish some of the singers would remember that it's not a pop song they are singing.
"The Christening.
The christening and baptism usually occur at the same time, and are regulated according to the practices of the special church where the parents attend worship. As these are quite varied, it will be sufficient only to indicate the forms and customs which society imposes at such times."
So far this month I have attended several Christmas parties, but no christenings.
Enjoy your days!

Great blog post.... and your runner is lovely - I actually quite like the soft muted tones..... and the free-motion quilting..... well, I most certainly would be excited.... isn't it great trying something new and it works!!
ReplyDeleteHugz
OOOOOOh that is yummy.
ReplyDeleteNow are u saying you are not able to applique wombats under Christmas trees..........???
I think of you every time I see the one I have on the heater...I should mail it.
Brava, Jennifer! As a quilter who tends to send her quilts out to be quilted, I can applaud that beautiful quilting on your new table runner. What a lovely thing it turned out to be. Brava!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are coming down to the wire for the holiday now. Must get the gifts wrapped and packad away, ready for us to load up the car for the 2 day trip to Salt Lake City for a week with the grands.
Happy Christmas to you and yours, Jennifer.
Your table runner is gorgeous and with that tree on it - perfection!! You did a great job. And I so agree with you on some of the singers take on good songs - could the please remember how its supposed to sound and quit killing it. I still am a total Bing Crosby fan when it comes to Christmas music - it's what I grew up on I guess. Merry Christmas Jennifer!!
ReplyDeletevery pretty table runner. The muted soft shades are lovely.
ReplyDeleteI like the soft, muted colors of the fabric very much. It's a nice change from the brighter reds and greens that, for someone like me who doesn't have that color scheme anywhere in my house, would allow me to celebrate the holiday and yet color coordinate with my existing "style."
ReplyDeleteBut, what I noted right away was the gorgeous holly leaf quilting. Fantastic!!!! I would be beside myself with happy accomplishment as well.
Wishing days of joy to you and yours!
I love the runner. Your free motion quilting is so well done. I started with small things when I learned, like wall hangings, table runners and the just progressed up. Of course, you also have to practice, practice, practice.
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! I told ya that when it comes to drawing (via embroidery, pencil sketches, or with the sewing machine) that it just takes patience and practice to get something you are happy with. I think considering this success, you should try just doing little taster quilts and practice with some free motion work if you are uneasy doing so. Maybe even use Rosemarie's suggestion on using crayola markers to mark out what you were going to do first, do your quilting, then wash it out? That might help. or do patch tests and just try sewing spirals... Just a few ideas :-)
ReplyDeletelovely tablerunner... and i love the colors in it.... your quilting is great.... Merry christmas
ReplyDeleteI can tell you are delighted ..... it is lovely and the silver tree goes well with it. Bravo on your machine quilting!! You did good!!!!
ReplyDeleteYour runner looks marvelous! I'm impressed by your holly leaf quilting.
ReplyDelete