The Cunning Plan is to prepare all the blocks first then stitch the applique - hopefully (fingers crossed) the same fabric in all blocks can be done one block at a time before the thread colour is changed. The next block is Ontario; some of the pieces have been traced, I'm not sure if they all have. Will need to check.
'Hanging on' is still hanging in there. It has been layered, now needs to be pinned. I don't envy me trying to pin through - in some places - two layers of applique plus the background, so will just try for the empty background for pinning.
Meanwhile, the tumblers keep tumbling along. Another row strip was finished a few nights ago which makes two done, four to do. Each row strip is four tumblers high by 31 across.
Are you all staying safe, and staying sane? We popped out yesterday for a spot of hunting and gathering and were surprised to find out that there are actually people in the world besides the two of us! We will need to venture forth briefly tomorrow as the last of our nice dark chocolate will be eaten tonight, and a chocolate-less world doesn't bear contemplating. Supermarkets hereabouts are opening at sparrowfart o'clock for oldies like us, so we will go then.
There is a small up side to the current shut-in situation. Because we are wearing 'home' clothes nearly all the time, as opposed to 'out' clothes and 'home' clothes, there is far less washing than usual! On the down side, looking like a dag each and every day is a tad boring. Perhaps I should wear my tiara around the house, just because I can. I do have a tiara, you know; a gen-u-ine rhinestone tiara from the 1960s, very pretty and very sparkly.
The kitchen smells nice thanks to 'Matrimonial Cake' not long out of the oven. The recipe came from a friend on Vancouver Island and was her mum's recipe. I added a little pumpkin pie spice mix to the flour/brown suger/rolled oats (oatmeal) base and topping; my friend hasn't tried that, but I thought I would give it a go.
The golf club where Monday's ukelele group met closed last weekend. A few members came here instead, we were able to sit apart outside. However, cases of the plague has now been diagnosed here so we have called a halt for the foreseeable future. Yes, I can play here by myself, but......sigh. Some things are more fun in company, and making music is one.
"A letter of introduction should not be given, unless the person writing it is very well acquainted with the one whom he introduces, and the one to whom he writes. If the person who receives such a letter is really well-bred, you will hear from him or her within twenty-four hours, for a letter of introduction is said to be like a draft, it must be cashed at sight. The one receiving it either invites you to dine, or to meet others, or to a drive, or to visit some place of amusement. Too great caution cannot be exercised in giving a letter which makes such demands upon an acquaintance."
No letters of introduction in our changing world now, sadly......an email instead, perhaps? or a text?
Enjoy your days!
your Canadian quilt will be so very awesome - and what a clever idea, prepping them all and doing one thread color at a time!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm really loving that Canadian quilt you are working on....the colors are brilliant. This sheltering at home is making it all so REAL, isn't it. We are going a bit starkers here...but I'm getting better at cooking!
ReplyDeleteTechnology allows your whole uke group to get together, via a number of different social media. Maybe you can try that.
ReplyDeleteI "went" to church, via my tablet. Not perfect, but no CE to connect.
Looking forward to the finished quilt because all these blocks are gorgeous. T
ReplyDeleteanother lovely block. I like to do the same and prepare them and then sew madly all one colour at a time.... keep safe...
ReplyDeleteHugz