Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Today is.......

......whatever day you want it to be.  It could be Wednesday, or Friday......it could even be Sunday, if you wish.  Our weeks aren't divided up by our usual pastimes and activities so, unless there is an appointment that you are permitted to keep, it doesn't really matter what day it is.

If the world was perfect we would be enjoying the folk festival right now at this very minute as we speak, their slogan is "Five days in a perfect world".  However it's a long way from perfect right now, and we are stuck at home.....trapped......imprisoned, without even having committed a crime.

Sigh.

Block number nine is done, Newfoundland and Labrador.
I've never seen a puffin, they are odd looking little birdies! 

Stitches have been knitted.
This gorgeous yarn went all the way from Montreal where it was dyed, to Vancouver Island where I bought it, across the Pacific Ocean in a big tin box to the Big Smoke in my bag, then it was driven home here to the Small Smoke - so it is very well travelled.  It's sock yarn but mine is on its way to becoming a scarf, it's way too pretty to hide inside shoes - it should be out flaunting its glory to the world.

Stitches have also been sewn, more quilting has been done on the tree hanging, and the tumblers are still happily tumbling along.

One thing I seldom if ever do (although Kevin often does) is watch daytime television but yesterday afternoon I succumbed and watched two old black and white movies, one from the late 1940s (!) and one from the early 1960s.  I've done it now, I'm on the slippery slope......next thing will be daytime soapies......

At least we are being spared the usual amount of sport on TV because there isn't any being played.  Every cloud has a silver lining and that's mine, shining like a diamond - although some of the TV stations have replaced their endless sport programs with programs on the progress of the current plague.  I'm not sure which is worse!  

Sorting of the bookshelves has ground to a halt because the book sale is closed.  One of the Rotary Clubs hereabouts has a lease with very cheap rent on a former industrial building, and one of their fundraisers is a used book sale every year in early May.  (The Lions Club also has one, in November)  The book sale has been ongoing twice a week for nearly a full year now; it's between here and town, so very convenient to pop into to drop off anything we have culled and to fill any gaps in our (my) collection.  Due to the plague it is closed for the time being; I have a small pile of books and magazines ready to be dropped off, so it's easier to leave the books on their shelves until things change.

"On public promenades.
Bowing once to a person upon a public promenade or drive is all that civility requires.  If a person is a friend, it is in better form, the second and subsequent passings, should you catch his or her eye, to smile slightly instead of bowing repeatedly.  If an acquaintance, it is best to avert the eyes."

A bow is not a bad idea, as it entails no physical contact.  One could sweep into a deep curtsey, but these days one would be darn lucky to get up again if one so much as tried it.

Enjoy your days!

4 comments:

  1. I still have virtual meetings scheduled. Mind you, I need to add them to my calendar on my tablet, so I get a reminder.
    Play your own music, sing loud, and find your own festival, even if it's just you and the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those quilt blocks are coming along...I just love seeing them. I'll wager the finished quilt will be stunning. A slight bow would be perfect - much better than an elbow bump or even a butt bump.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha... a deep curtsey would be difficult for me to get up again that's for sure....funny how the days to muddle up together when a routine is changed...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen Puffins and they are gorgeous. Your latest block is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!