It's been a good move. While the Small Smoke has some drawbacks (mostly people who should have seen more of the world than they have, to open their minds a little) the slower pace suits us. We have nearly everything we need here and we don't miss the traffic, construction, noise, too many people etc. in the Big Smoke.
Another milestone was my birthday yesterday, while not a Big Nought Number birthday I suppose every birthday is significant when one gets to my rapidly advancing age! We had a very nice lunch delivered from the restaurant where we celebrated our anniversary in March, accompanied by the bubbly which was gifted to us on leaving that day - a gesture not asked for, but much appreciated. It was very nice bubbly too. Kevin mentioned that we were celebrating my birthday so with yesterday's lunch came another bottle of wine; how nice is that? We don't have another Significant Occasion coming up - perhaps we should turn an ordinary day into one, and open our wine.
On Tuesday, if he was still alive, my maternal grandfather Pop Davis would have celebrated his 135th birthday. Needless to say, he's not still around. He was quite disappointed when I didn't arrive on his birthday (I was his first grandchild; my grandmother already had grandchildren from her first marriage but I was the first of Pop's five) but perhaps I wanted my own day. Taureans can be a bit stubborn, you know.
Lucky last block of my Canadian mystery quilt! Saskatchewan is done.
The applique in those 13 blocks needs to be stitched down, I am wondering about using a clear thread rather than changing colours every five minutes. Some blocks also need a few embroidered details - animal/bird eyes, noses, etc - to finish them off.
Another block for Birdland (aka There Goes The Neighbourhood) is done.
Two down......oh, maybe about another 98 something or so to go......I haven't decided how big it will be, but they are fun little blocks to make. There will be trees too.
"A home.
After marriage one of the first requirements for happiness is a home. It will best be found in a house or even a cottage apart from the immediate association of relatives or friends, acquaintances or strangers, and here husband and wife may begin in reality that new life of which they have had fond dreams, and upon their own actions must depend their future welfare."
Indeed.....it sounds quite idyllic, doesn't it?
Enjoy your days!
Sounds like you had a lovely birthday!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds a very nice celebration! Happy Home Anniversary! Your last block looks great....such a nice memory for you too. Yes I live with a stubborn Taurean so can attest to that lol!
ReplyDeleteThat does indeed look like Saskatchewan. I think I would use the clear thread.
ReplyDeleteCarpe diem. Life does move quickly; go ahead and drink that wine. :)
Happy birthday! Open that bottle and enjoy! Gosh, 10 years since you moved! It will be 8 yrs. for us and yes, time does go by quick.
ReplyDeletethis december will be 25 years in this little house - the longest stretch in one place for Melissa and for me ... might hafta celebrate ... my dad would be 102 on the seventeenth, but he's been gone for 48 years and i still miss him like it was yesterday ... sigh
ReplyDelete