Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Anniversary to us!

Today is our wedding anniversary, we have been married for 33 years - my, how time does fly! The other day we took our wedding rings to a jeweller to be enlarged, we were both a little slimmer in those days and now the rings are a bit too tight for comfort - mine has worn quite a groove in my finger. Tonight we will be going out to dinner to celebrate, sans rings.

This afternoon my music club is playing our annual St Pat's Day gig at a local brewery, we play for the employees at the end of their working shifts. We have been doing it for several years and it's always just before or just after St Patrick's Day with lots of diddly tunes and Irish songs, I hope the employees enjoy listening as much as we enjoy playing! Probably should see if my green top needs to be ironed, and polish up my silver celtic jewellery - for our silver 25th anniversary Kevin gave me this lovely pendant, made by Desmond Mackenzie-Harris. Desmond makes wonderful designs based on traditional Celtic images with a few Aussie ones for good measure, I also have Western Rosella earrings that he made. We catch up each year at the National Folk Festival, in Canberra at Easter; Desmond has a stall every year selling his amazing pieces, he is very talented.

Enjoy the rest of your week, may your stitches always be neat and your points perfect.

Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. You are such a lucky gal, Jennifer! Gorgeous pendant which you must love wearing. I wonder what one is supposed to buy for the 33rd anniversary? Have a lovely evening, and congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again Jennifer, I've just sent you the Sisterhood Award (see my blog). Please don't feel you need to do anything with it, and just accept my "gratitude for your attitude". Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely piece of jewelry. Have a wonderful evening and enjoy your anniversary.
    We have been married 40 years and I don't know where the time has gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, happy (belated) Anniversary! With a 23 year old niece visiting, I had little time for cyberworld last week. My best wishes to you and your dear husband for more moments, more memories in these days and weeks ahead!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!