Yesterday a friend asked me how many wombats I had, and to be truthful I have no idea. Since I have been selecting one each week to have its turn in the spotlight, I am beginning to realise I have many more than I thought I had. A couple of people have suggested contacted the ABC TV show "Collectors". One day perhaps, when I have a clean tidy house with my collection beautifully featured instead of jumbled everywhere.
Over the last few days I have been cutting into some of my lovely autumn prints to make "Bears Paw" blocks. Some of the prints were bought in autumn 2007 in Canada, so they are ridgy-didge fall fabrics! Much as I love autumn leaf design quilts I didn't want to be obvious and use my autumn prints for one, so I am going to make an autumn Bears Paw quilt instead. I have been playing around with EQ6 for layout ideas but haven't settled on one in particular, so it's time to make a few blocks and see where they lead.
Today is a cold, cloudy, showery grey day and would be a good night to hunker down indoors with my knitting or sewing. But it's Monday, which is choir practice night, so the hunkering will have to wait until I get come at 9.30pm.
While waiting in line at the supermarket the other day I picked up a magazine to leaf through..... makes me glad I don't spend good money on these. They are full of stories on people who are supposedly rich, famous and fabulous although quite a few pics were of the less fabulous variety, such as a well-known actrine caught in public in her daggy casual clothes. As for the outfits - let's just say, definitely proof that having money doesn't guarantee having good taste. And I have never heard of many of these "well-known" people, have you?
I bet they've never heard of me, either.
Jennifer
Hi Jennifer. I think I love this little white fella the best! Your wombat stories are so cute and really tell the love you have for your collection.
ReplyDeleteI've gone back and read your blog for the past few weeks, so can catch up on life down under as it were.
I tell you, I agree, I am also morphing into my mother...I see this other person at times and wonder where the hell she came from?
I must tell you about having TV crew coming to your house, my sister in law had a commercial done at her house. She cleaned for weeks before they came, everything looked fabulous and they used the bannister for the commercial, changed the look of the family room completely with their own stuff, you couldn't recognize her house.....she said it wasn't worth the effort or even the money.
So don't clean, it doesn't show up on camera anyway...have you seen my photos? They always look clean..lol
And by the way, you have forgotten what cold is here in North America.
Check my blog...
Love that cute little feller!
ReplyDeleteI have got tired of all the rain we have been having, but today looks as if it will be fine.
I have too many 'collections' & have been trying to convince myself how liberating it would be to get rid of them on ebay or garage sales. Not yet, though!