Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Sunny day WOW

A wombat suncatcher with amethyst chips, pewter beads and clear crystals, this one hangs in my sewing room for sparkle - I have other suncatchers with different coloured gems and glass, but only one wombat. Taking a photo of something small while it is swaying gently in the breeze is a bit tricky, but I managed. The quilts in the background are on an old towel rail that I use to drape smaller quilts on, it needs a small repair and I have hinted that a re-painting job wouldn't go stray either. I could do it myself, but as it came from my mother-in-law I figure Kevin would love to do it for me. Keep it in the family, so to speak.

Considering it's winter today is a lovely day, warm and sunny. We have been for a 'Sunday drive' although it's Monday, to look at some hi-fi gear. And guess what.... there is a quilt shop downstairs from the hi-fi shop! How fortuitous! I found just the right fabric for one of my "Pay It Forward" surprises but I won't show it yet because it might give the game away. Speaking of which, I have had only two folk sign up to join in the fun, so there is still a vacancy if anyone is interested.

The pieced back is done for the Maple Leaf runner and when I finish my coffee (which is very nice) I shall dive into my Big Box Of Batting Pieces to see how much pellon is in there, I'm sure there will be enough even if it means piecing some together.

Have a lovely week, may your bobbins always be full and your threads never tangle.

Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. Love that Amethyst with the Wombat. My birth stone is amethyst, & I really like it.
    I am still on a dry run here, with the sewing. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, those wombats can be made that small heh? I am sure you will be packing one to bring to Canada.
    Funny animals in Australia right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Gawd Jennifer, all of your wombats are just tooooo.... cute.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!