.....because we are going away to a folk festival about 2-1/2 hours from here. We're coming home at the end of this month. Looking forward to it, as some of the performers are friends who we haven't seen since Easter.
Last Sunday, after the weather improved from Saturday's blast of winter, we visited two of the open gardens. We have taken some beautiful photos.....that is to say, Kevin took them because my camera battery was flat and needed to be charged. But he takes lovely pics which, blogger being amenable, you will see in due course. At present image uploads are disabled for a couple of hours due to maintenance, so the little message is telling me. One of the gardens was on top of a hill and was really superb, it's cooler than here so had plants that we can't grow. I'm so glad we went as the garden has changed hands within the family and it won't be opened again. The other was on a north-facing hill - our sunny side - only three years old. I would love to see it again in about five years as it has a great deal of promise. We were talking to the owners who said they wouldn't open next year, I said how about in five years time.......what a good idea, they said.
Our roses are blooming away, the glorious yellow one has two more blooms, and the little miniature with different coloured flowers will be abloom in two or three days. And we won't be here to enjoy it......three of the larger rose bushes are red, one is the deep dark rich burgundy while it looks as though the others are brighter.
Goodness, I am being swamped by facebook! This afternoon I went looking for one person to add as my friend - don't want to be poor little Susie No-Friends, do we? - and messages have been sent to just about everyone to whom I have ever sent an email, or who has ever sent me one. I was not expecting that. So if any of you receive the message and don't want to take it further I won't be offended, and I apologise profusely. I have been on facebook for a few years and don't check it very often.......I forget to. If anyone is hoping to have a rich online experience with me they will sadly disappointed.
This afternoon we packed up the cats and took them to their holiday resort. They are staying in a lovely cattery way out in the country with their own covered verandah, and rural smells, and birds to watch. They weren't thrilled about the 25 kilometre drive (consequently neither were we) but I'm sure will settle in quickly. They were there when we first moved from Sydney so it will be somewhere familiar for them. We were pleased to get Binky out of the car because she gets very nervous, and does what nervous cats do......fortunately the smell soon cleared.
"The hand.
The beautiful hand is long and slender, with tapering fingers and pink, filbert-shaped nails. The hand to be in proper proportion to the rest of the body should be as long as from the point of the chin to the edge of the hair on the forehead."
Yep...my hand is in proportion to my face. But is my face in proportion to my hand?
Enjoy your days!
Have fun and enjoy yourself. Rest relax and rejuvenate.
ReplyDeleteI tried to become your friend on facebook, but I can't find you. I got the email but the link is broken so I will have to wait I guess.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful trip. Looking forward to lots of photos.
I want to wish you a wonderful trip to the folk festival. So glad the weather is looking better for you. I'll enjoy celebrating summer again across the waters.
ReplyDeleteFacebook is constantly changing. One little click and things go awry! It can be fun, but only if it's comfortable for you.
Safe travels!
Ana
Have a great time - enjoy yourselves!
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely time...... read you when you get back...
ReplyDeleteHugz