Following some googling this morning this is how I made my unique signature. If you don't use Blogger the procedure may be different.
There are online signature makers, I used this one and had fun choosing a font, size, colour (of course it had to be green....have I mentioned that I am quite fond of green?), slant etc. When that is done, you will have your signature's html code. Don't forget to copy it before moving back to your blog.
Go to your blog dashboard, at the top go to "Settings", then "Formatting". At the bottom of that page you will find "Post Template" with an empty box. Paste the html code with your signature into the box.
Voila - your own personal signature!
Don't forget to type above it and not below, or you will sign off on your posts before you even start.
If you want to remove Blogger's "posted by Jane Bloggs at 3.30pm" - having your name twice makes your lovely new signature redundant, and we don't want that - go to your blog's "Design" page, the page that lets you add and remove elements. Click on "Edit" on the large Blog Posts box, which will bring up a pop-up window "Configure Blog Posts". Uncheck the "Posted by" option.
Have fun!
Thanks Jennifer....just did it to my blog. Now I have to write a post.
ReplyDeleteGreat information. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jennifer - i am a bit of a doofus as I just get a load of numbers...... am I copying the wrong thing? I tried a couple of times....and thought well I copy the code (numbers) and the signature will show but my post (which I deleted) was just numbers..... PLEASE HELP....
ReplyDeleteHugz
I have always wondered how that was done - thank you for sharing, I will give this a try later today.
ReplyDeleteJennifer, I am with BubzRugz, I get the same thing, just numbers....HELP!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jennifer, already done
ReplyDelete