My new skirt is nearly finished, I am sewing the hem by hand and it's nearly done. Sometimes I sew hems using the machine but this one needed to be hand-finished because of the fabric. The next project will be to finish a Pay It Forward gift.
I can nearly clench my fist again as the swelling in my hand has gone down enough. Unfortunately that also means that my left hand is getting more like my right hand....a wrinkled old lady's hand. It was so swollen that it had no wrinkles whatsoever and now they are coming back. It's a good thing I suppose......don't know why wrinkles can't just be confined to the soles of our feet. I am doing 'curls', exercises set by the physio; to you and me, it means holding a weight in my hand (so far I am up to a 400g tin of tomatoes) while I lift my hand up and down keeping the wrist steady, then turn my hand over and do the same, it's a lot more difficult palm downwards. I can't manage the tin of tomatoes for that yet so I use a 150g jar of pesto sauce. Squeezing a soft ball completes the exercises. 20 times each, three times a day. At least I can read while I do them.
You know, I have been pondering on all sorts of things lately. Like.....while charm packs and jelly rolls, etc. are a lovely way to buy a little of a whole fabric range - it's an expensive way to buy fabric.
And now that we have celebrated New Year we can find hot cross buns and Easter eggs in the supermarket....for goodness' sake, Easter isn't until April......I'm very fond of chocolate and I like fruit buns at any time of year but it's a bit early to be pushing Easter on us.....
My last posting mentioned a colour called "solferino" which I first assumed was something to do with sulphur yellow - but no, it's a purplish red colour. I found this useful site which mentions all colours of the rainbow and many others besides, and they have wonderful names.
"In meeting a lady or gentleman whose name you cannot recall, frankly say so, if you find it necessary. Sensible persons will prefer to recall themselves to your memory rather than to feel that you are talking to them without fully recognizing them. To affect not to remember a person is despicable, and reflects only on the pretender."
Now I am off to sew some more on my skirt hem. Have a lovely week!
Jennifer
Lovely little baby wombat! I am getting to really like these little creatures...
ReplyDeleteI think we ought to start using some of those color names instead of just saying it's blue or red! They are pretty names...
Glad you are getting the skirt hemmed...I haven't done any "sewing" of clothes for myself in years!
I agree - jelly rolls, cakes, etc are expensive...I've only bought one cake - and it was on sale for a really good price...
Do you take anti inflamatories for the swelling? They really helped my sweetie with his carpol tunnel swelling.
ReplyDeleteYour little guy is so sweet. 6" is a nice size to see him.
I bought a jelly on sale. $25.00 Canadian and I thought it was a great price. Two as a matter of fact. Oh Cherry Oh! and Swanky chez moi, delivered to me $55.00 I was over the moon happy! Worth every penny...on sale though.
When doing those excercises, don't drop the jar...keep hands down and the wrinkles don't show.
ah yes ... wrinkles ... (in my very best Pollyanna voice) at least they don't hurt
ReplyDeleteI love charm packs but watch for them to be on sale. It's a great way to get a sampling of everything in a fabric line!
ReplyDeleteLots of skin cream on the hands helps with the wrinkles -- the more moisture, the better.
What a cute baby. I absolutely love love love your New York Beauty. I am also working on one myself in black and whites and brights. Sorry no quiltings but as long as there are so many straight lines why not try something curvy.
ReplyDeleteIt sure is a beaut.