This afternoon we went to our local post office so I could post off Sherry's Pay It Forward gift, and having done that we popped into the supermarket next door for a couple of things. Being the polite person I am I excused myself as I walked past a bloke squatting on the floor looking at the display of hair shampoos and conditioners, we paid for our purchases and started to walk back to our car parked round the corner. As we walked toward the corner the same bloke hurried passed us looking furtively over his shoulder as he went - I said to Kevin "stop and see where he goes, he's a bit suspicious" - he went round the corner, up the cul-de-sac and turned right at the end. He was carrying one of the red plastic baskets provided by the supermarket for purchases (but not for taking home) filled with what looked like a sweatshirt and bottles of shampoo and conditioner. We went back to the supermarket where the staff had, by then, realised what he had done but not what he had taken.
We didn't stop him ourselves because he was younger than us and looked a bit strange - these days you doesn't know if someone has a wee problem, or may be drunk or on drugs, which can cause their behaviour to be erratic. It's a small supermarket mostly used by locals, but the staff didn't know the man although they thought he may live locally in a block of units (condos) - seems there may have been issues with some of the residents before.
So, Sherry, your gift is on its way, and our dull lives have had enough excitement for one day!
Jennifer
it pays to stay outta the way and just report!! so glad you were thinking smart Jen. he could have knocked you on the wrong arm and then you may have had a problem.
ReplyDeleteI guess we have to wait to see what you mailed eh??
You were smar to take notice of him and where he was going....and you are right, you never know what you might come up against.
ReplyDeleteshampoo and conditioner!?! i think that if i ever become a thief that i will steal diamonds and pearls ... unless, of course, i'm having a bad hair day
ReplyDeleteI thought you were going to say that the neighbours had moved!
ReplyDeleteOh well, being alert is good when we get older. Yeah, I'd just be the reporting person too.
Boy were you ever alert. I'm sp glad to hear that you didn't do anything you never know what they would do to you. Glad your safe and I can't wait to see my present. I'm so excited I cant wait to get it in the mail. I will let you know when I get it. Thanks again. Sherry
ReplyDeleteStaying in the background is a good thing these days - there are some strange ones out there...
ReplyDelete