Speaking of the hand, two days ago a real milestone was passed.....chuckle if you will, but it's a milestone just the same.....I can now do up my bra by myself! Before Saturday morning the last time I managed that small task was 15th October last year, the day of The Great TO Tumble. The pressure for using a ruler and rotary cutter is not quite there yet, but it's getting closer. Still to come - driving the car (the swelling in my hand and fingers means I don't have much strength in my grip yet) and playing guitar. The hand has its next appointment with the nice young physio bloke tomorrow morning so hopefully he will give it a good report. While there are a couple of promised items in my UFO list I decided that the next thing to tackle would be a skirt which was cut out with scissors. The promised items need the use of a rotary cutter so they will be done as soon as I can manage it. A few days ago I finished the Flower Basket block that I started in Canada, and knitting is relatively easy again, so my crafting life is slowly returning to what passes for normal.
Today I received a package from Carol, we're having a swap between ourselves - Carol has sent me some lovely patterns in exchange for some Aussie magazines. Getting parcels from overseas is exciting! Thank you Carol, and I hope your parcel doesn't take too long to arrive. Speaking of which, early in December I won a giveaway on a blog - an Aussie blog, in Queensland, not a blog on the far side of the known universe - and my giveaway hasn't yet arrived, which is sad. It was one of several prizes posted the same day, one apparently arrived fairly quickly but the others didn't. I feel sorry for the ladies who organised the giveaway as it's not their fault, but I suppose these things happen from time to time.
Carol and her husband have a little teardrop trailer, we have our 12ft Nipper caravan - we don't need a huge RV to have fun. Kevin sometimes makes noises about getting a bigger caravan, more space could be useful.......but I must admit I have a soft spot for our little Nipper. The more space we have the more things we will take away with us, whether or not we need them.
"Accepting Hospitality A Sign Of Good-Will.
As eating with another under his roof is in all conditions of society regarded as a sign of good-will, those who partake of proffered hospitalities, only to gossip about and abuse their host and hostess, should remember, that in the opinion of all honorable persons, they injure themselves by so doing."
Now I am going to tinker around in my sewing room for a while, then get ready for the first choir practice of the new year. Have a lovely week!
Jennifer
Glad to hear that you had a great time away and that town sounds like a nice place to move to.
ReplyDeleteMy cousin's wife has a vision problem and her husband does the cutting for her. She can sew the blocks together, but can't see the lines on the ruler to cut. Perhaps Kevin can give you a hand with the cutting????
Oh Jennifer, I just love that little gold trinket! You won't be seeing another like that in your lifetime probably.
ReplyDeleteI knew your first post of the wombat would be special....I was looking forward to it. You didn't disappoint.
As for bras, I am now wearing a fitted sports tee of some kind that I got at Walmart. I originally bought it for my mother but she couldn't manage it, so I tried it and it's so comfy that I have given up the bras except for special occasions.
Now since you haven't been able to do them up, your sweetie must be back to the experience of younger days ...remember with one hand ...
Enjoy the new serger, I don't make clothes anymore, just repairs etc, so my serger sits covered up unless one of the grandgirls comes over to make pyjamas bottoms.
and i'm sure the "girls" are very happy with your achievement! ha ha ha!
ReplyDeleteyour sewing center is looking good! i'd like to be sitting at my machine instead of typing one-handed while holding LuLu as she complains about her cold - poor stuffy baby
Oh, I just think that little Wombat is so cute!
ReplyDeleteAm glad to see some success - and hooking that bra is a biggie! It means you are really improving. Hope all goes well with the physio bloke!
Wish I lived close enough and I'd come by and do your rotary cutting for you until you get the strength.
That's a cute wee fellow!
ReplyDeleteVery good news with the bra! You will certainly be more appeciative of the use of your hands than most of us who use them constantly with rarely a thought for how we would manage without them.
Here's to further progress!
Glad you are slowly getting your hand back! It is not nice to think how long it takes to recover as we get a little older! Love the little gold WOW.
ReplyDelete