My lovely girl-in-law has started a new blog, a happy blog, because there is enough gloom and doom in the world already. The pic for Caturday (that's the special day for all kitties) is of her cat looking very relaxed, but those claws still mean business.
"There is a sentiment attached to flowers, and this sentiment has been expressed in language by giving names to various flowers. These names constitute a language, which may be made the medium of pleasant and amusing interchange of thought between men and women. A bouquet of flowers and leaves may be selected and arranged so as to express much depth of feeling - to be truly a poem. We present herewith a list of many flowers and plants, to which, by universal consent, a sentiment has become attached."
Acacia (golden wattle) - Concealed love
Clematis - Artifice
I have given you a bouquet of mixed feelings, it seems! But it's nicer that the sunburn remedy in the last post, n'est ce pas?
Jennifer
the yellow looks like the forsythia that we get in the spring.
ReplyDeleteAs this is our fall, you are starting spring in Australia, we are getting cold, you will warm up.
Oh, my, those pictures are lovely. I recall seeing acacia trees when we were stationed in the Philippines...didn't know they were also called Golden Wattle. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteMy cats claws always mean business. She bit my calf right through my pants while I was on the phone with my troupemate. Her new kitten was also giving her trouble (Jessamyn).
ReplyDeleteYour photos are very pretty, I also enjoyed the waterfalls. We have a town near here called Apsley.
ReplyDeleteI just bought a copy of EQ7. I sure hope I don't have your troubles.