Speaking of winter, frost is forecast tonight! We haven't lit the fire for a couple of weeks as the weather has been so lovely and spring-like but we will crank it up this evening.
Today a bloke came door-knocking to try to sell us cable TV. Why, for goodness sake? We don't watch much TV as it is and from what I have seen of the program guides, more channels does not equal better programs. If I there was a whole channel devoted to British police shows it might be a different matter, I don't mind a bit of blood and gore. I like reading detective novels too. Why, I don't know.......but I do like stories that unravel steadily rather than having everything happening at once, and British stories generally do that well. Not always, but often enough for me. And their TV shows are quiet, I find the American ones very loud....guns firing....people shouting at each other and themselves......car tyres squealing......often all at once. The Aussies stories fall into both camps, there was one a few years ago that was so noisy we couldn't bring ourselves to watch it lest we both ended up deaf.
Next month at quilt group it will be my turn to take along a block with instructions written out for others to make - I thought a 9in Greek Cross block with black and white print for the background, and blue and green for the other colours. The group makes quilts for the children at the local Ronald McDonald House so I chose a design and colours suitable for a teenage boy. The pieces are not yet sewn together but when I laid them out it looked good.
I'm still waiting for someone to take up my offer of the Coronation block, all 58 pieces of it. It's not difficult........looks as though I might have to make my own if I want one......
And yesterday I made an appointment for next week with the hairdresser. We'll see how it goes.
"The hair should be brushed carefully. The brush should be of moderate hardness, not too hard. The hair should be separated, in order that the head itself may be brushed, as by doing so the scurf is removed, and that is most essential, as it is not only unpleasant and unsightly, but if suffered to remain it becomes saturated with perspiration, and tends to weaken the roots of the hair, so that it is easily pulled out."
I wonder how often the ladies of 1885 washed their hair?
Have a wonderful week!
Jennifer
I'm not too good on the shrub thing and your photo was a bit dark today for some reason so I can't tell.
ReplyDeleteEven a hair pin for the little guys...very cute and carved from wood too!
I can't imagine writing out instructions for a group...it's why I have Helen...she does them for me!
Frost eh! Well here in cottage country we are still awaiting the first frost of the season which would be good for me to be gone before it happens!
Beautiful shrub. I'm sorry, I can't help with an answer. You are going into spring and our fall is right on our doorstep. Our leaves have started to turn and it is getting to be spectacular in these parts.
ReplyDelete