Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

First two projects for 2009

Isn't this cute. Too small to leave its mother. While we were visiting Cooma I bought a kit to make this little bag, which is made of eight rectangles - four for the outside, four for the lining. The beads were included in the kit to be used for the bag trim but I haven't decided if I will use them. I had always wanted to know how these bags were made.
The bright bag - these pretty fabrics are the Maypole range by April Cornell for Moda, florals, bright spots and tone-on-tone florals and spots. I used all 40 squares. First one side.......
.......then the other.
I used all 40 squares, the last six made pretty pockets inside. The lining is a teensy weensy tiny soft lime green print on cream. And I made a rigid bottom so it would stand better. I like the prints but I'm not sure the bag is really "me", however it will get used. Bags are always handy.

Ain't technology wonderful! The weather pixie on my sidebar changes her clothes according to the weather! We had soft rain overnight and this morning, so she put up her umbrella. This pixie is the closest to me, I have long hair too and most of it is still auburn.

And for those of you who would like to get rid of your snow and ice, hang in there. Our weather forecast is for 39 degrees C again this weekend. Just keep it packed ready to send.

One of these days I shall see how my guitars are surviving the heat and start learning my new song for the first meeting of the folk club in mid-February.

Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer - I love your new bag, it just makes me think summer and lord it can't come to soon for me. I was tagged with a 6 picture meme and was hoping if I tagged you, you might play along. you can see the rules at my blog and I sure look forward to seeing your memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love your bags.... great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!