Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

Holiday pics

A very cheeky currawong, who was strolling in the sculpture garden at the National Gallery in Canberra...s/he mooched around for a while in front of us, then flew up into a tree. It didn't seem bothered by humans at all.
Sorry about the streaky lines! This was taken on a very dark night in Wagga Wagga, at the caravan park by the river; the lines are just reflections from the various lights around the park. It's the first time I have used the 'night' setting on my camera. The possums visited us at night and quite enjoyed the apple I cut up for them. This was a mum and her young one, when mum possum took the piece of apple from my hand the young one kept trying to get it from her. They were very amusing.
DH Kevin relaxing behind our caravan in Wagga Wagga. The trees around the caravan were quiet during the day but a hive of activity when the possums appeared at night.
A beautiful spot, the Snowy River at Dalgety. First time we have visited Dalgety, a tiny village, and hopefully it won't be the last. It's a lovely part of the world. About 100 years ago it was on the short list of possible locations for the national capital of Australia, and I'm so glad it wasn't chosen. It wouldn't look like this if it had been.

We saw some wonderful parts of this country. But I would need the world's best camera to do it justice, as so many of the vistas were endless....rolling plains, farms, hills; the views when we drove over the top of the Snowy Mountains were breathtaking.

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!