The bag is finished, I will take pics and post them over the weekend. It's larger than I had remembered, the one and only time I had seen the bag was at the craft show where I purchased the fabric, in June last year. The pattern had a photo of the finished bag (the only illustration in the instructions) but no finished size measurements. So now I have a new tote bag rather than the new handbag I was expecting to have; never mind, I can cope with that.
That makes two projects finished already for 2009 - the first was a small origami bag. I bought a kit while we were visiting Cooma as these bags had always intrigued me, and now I know how they are made I might try more.
It's been very hot, and it's not just me complaining (although I have been known to do that from time to time), but a couple of nights ago was Sydney's warmest night for twelve years. Already the temperature is 35 degrees C and it's only just after midday, unfortunately there's not much we can do about it except to grin and bear it. Can the folks in the northern hemisphere who are having lots of snow and ice please send some our way? It would be appreciated.
Now I shall put my foot (which is very sore today for some reason) up on a heap of cushions and work on my 89th Flower Basket block.
Jennifer
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!