
No, not the lace tablecloth! I made the glass paperweight last week in Canberra. The glassworks in Kingston have a program that lets anyone over the age of 14 (I think I qualify for that) make something, helped of course by glass artists. This is called the 'fireworks' design and I chose to use white, yellow and blue, and to put some bubbles in the glass. It arrived by post today, I had no idea what it would look like as the glass is a golden honey colour while it is being worked, and the blue and yellow were red and orange when it was hot. For some reason the photo came out better with the lace as a background rather than the wooden table.
I am flying high as a kite. my foot is still very sore and aching all the time, so at lunchtime I took a very strong painkiller. It doesn't hurt so much now and I am floating on air....must be good stuff......'do not operate machinery' on the packet, I wonder if a sewing machine qualifies?
Off to crank up the machine, and admire my new paperweight some more.
Jennifer
Wow... that is just wonderful... hope you feel better...
ReplyDeleteWow Jenny, I think you've uncovered a new talent. It's very pretty indeed! Hope that foot starts to improve. Should you have it x-rayed? (I sound like my mother, sorry :-))
ReplyDeletethe blue and yellow certianly show nice contrast on the white. I find white photographs with glass better sometimes than brown or black.
ReplyDeleteI would say opperating machinery like your sewing machine while high on pain killers is a BAAAAAD idea...you dont want to sew through your finger onto your quilting or use a rotary blade while cutting and slip. That would suck even more